Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sincerity

Honesty is the best policy. Or so the saying goes.

But what if it's brutal? Toss out a little white lie to keep the peace, tell a small fib to preserve the calm. Oh, it works for the inconsequential things, like what she looks like in that dress, or that lame joke he told. For important stuff, like your newfound atheism or your disapproval of how the boss handles things, little white lies don't work. Sure, the receiving party is none the wiser, and their emotional well-being is maintained, but yours may not be.

Sometimes sincerity is required, even if it is painful.

1 Comments:

Blogger BrnLng said...

when people ask me (while also eating), "why am I a vegetarian", I usually reply, "because I like it". Opposite is more common: "why don´t you eat meat?" -"because I don´t like it."

Well, it is true indeed, and keeps things simples and without fights, which goes nowhere. But alas, it is not *full truth*, which I am not always (if at any time at all) in the mood for debate.

15 April, 2008 09:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home